The Cibola Cougar Junior Wrestling program is made up of young boys and girls who practice, condition and compete to be the very best in the sport of wrestling.
2012-2013 WRESTLING TEAM INFORMATION
Please follow the following guideline to help ensure a safe and producive season.
- 1st Practice of the season will begin on Tuesday November 1, 2010 from 6pm to 7:30pm
- Practices will be
Monday – Friday for the first two weeks from 6pm to 7:30 pm
After that, practice will be Monday - Thursday every week until end of the season from 6 pm - 7:30 pm.
- Attendance is optional - wrestlers will get out what they put into it.
- Please be on time to pick up your wrestler once practice ends.
- First time wrestling parents should view the 1st Year Parents Guide to Wrestling.
We are very fortunate to be able to use the wrestling facilities at Cibola High School. We need to respect all their rules while at practice.
- Rule #1, no street shoes on mats.
- Rule #2, no food or drinks in wrestling room, water is fine.
- Rule #3, all wrestling room equipment ie. Ropes, pull-up bars and exercise bikea are off limits) unless specific permission is given by coaches.
- Rule #4, NO PARENTS in the wrestling room during practice, we have limited space..
All wrestlers must wrestle tournaments with a Cibola team singlet. Get with Team Moms to order Singlets for your Boy/Girl.
All wrestlers are required to wear headgear and wrestling shoes to practice and when participating in tournaments. There are no exceptions. We strongly encourage you to label all clothing and equipment
Each tournament fee is $10. Sign-ups will be every Tuesday & Wednesday at practice before each upcoming tournament. In the event of a holiday, please visit the home page of the Cougar Jr. Wrestling website for specific instructions. Last minute sign-ups will not be accepted. Tournament money (cash or check) and wrestler weights need to be turned into a team mom no later than the end of practice on Wednesday. If you cannot make a practice to sign-up your wrestler, please call a team mom directly to register your wrestler. She will coordinate our tournament roster submission to the tournament junior wrestling program. There are specific tournament deadlines that we must follow in order to insure that all of our Cougar Wrestlers are registered to wrestle. Your best best is to plan ahead and avoid waiting to the last minute.